Local Color
This picture (and the others) was (were) taken in a garden in Colonial Williamsburg last September. It was one of a few gardens open to the public. It was also a favorite of mine.
It's only January but spring is around the corner. I still need to look at the seed catalogs and websites. When I've checked them out, I'll post some of the websites here.
I've looked at the pictures of the Colonial Williamsburg part of our trip to give me some inspiration as to how to go about designing a garden this year for both flowers and vegetables. For now, here are some pictures of the flowers that were blooming in mid-September. Enjoy!
Beautiful! I haven't grown any of these but I did grow flowers like dahlias, gladiola(i), tuberoses and tulips for the first time last year. It was so nice to have fresh flowers for cutting from March to October.
I didn't grow any vegetables last year. I was disheartened by garden pests. I'll give it another try this year. I'll just need to keep in mind the types of insects that will show up in the garden area and learn what I can to to discourage them from being more harmful than not to the plants.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home