dog days
Hi.
I've been away. But I've not been brain dead.
So much is going on.
We just gave Molly, our dog, away. And I've been more sad than a person should be over something like this. Our yard is small, and Molly is the herding and hunting kind. Our land space was inadequate. My kids never got over her excessive greetings (jumping up, on and all over them)And, so,I agonized over the decision to give her away to a good family.
My father-in-law was going to keep her until a great family showed up. I thought I'd have time to visit the in-laws and also see Molly one last time. No such luck. Today she went to this couple that owns a farm, a few dogs, and no children.
I'm happy but also sad. I thought I'd see her one last time. No. No. No.
Now she's gone. It will take quite some time to get used to.
I think I didn't want to become attached to a dog if we got one. And that is just what happened.
----
I've been reading a lot of old poetry lately. If anyone has a good recommendation about the history of the different forms of poems and the history of poetry in general, I'd definitely be interested.
----
Y'all take care.
Heather
I've been away. But I've not been brain dead.
So much is going on.
We just gave Molly, our dog, away. And I've been more sad than a person should be over something like this. Our yard is small, and Molly is the herding and hunting kind. Our land space was inadequate. My kids never got over her excessive greetings (jumping up, on and all over them)And, so,I agonized over the decision to give her away to a good family.
My father-in-law was going to keep her until a great family showed up. I thought I'd have time to visit the in-laws and also see Molly one last time. No such luck. Today she went to this couple that owns a farm, a few dogs, and no children.
I'm happy but also sad. I thought I'd see her one last time. No. No. No.
Now she's gone. It will take quite some time to get used to.
I think I didn't want to become attached to a dog if we got one. And that is just what happened.
----
I've been reading a lot of old poetry lately. If anyone has a good recommendation about the history of the different forms of poems and the history of poetry in general, I'd definitely be interested.
----
Y'all take care.
Heather
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home