The Bougainvillea Hideaway

Enter a hollow of leaves and fuchsia flowers. Random thoughts litter the floor like a bed of crushed petals.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Friday, April 11, 2008

Hodgepodge

I don't have much to post about in terms of poetry these days. I've been reading NaPo WriMo threads on PFFA this month. Lotsa good stuff going on over there!

In my very limited (and often ill-used) free time I've been trying to work on poetry. Mainly it's been a working on my understanding and application of prosody. That, and writing free verse poems in the shower that I forget to write down on paper later. Does anyone else come up with interesting stuff when there's no pen in sight? I think the ol' mind knows there's no way to get the stuff down on paper or tape-recorder or whatever and uses that time to blabber off interesting stuff.

Andy was playing old songs from the 70's - 90's today. One of the songs was "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryche. That brought me way back. I used to love to watch the video when it was on and the vocals and lyrics always reminded me of Pink Floyd. So, if you like that sort of stuff, here:



[Hopefully the subtitles won't bother you (some of the subtitles don't match to the lyrics). They bother me a little. I wanted the Mtv version I used to watch and the first one I saw on YouTube couldn't be embedded. I'll look for a subtitle free version later. Done]

I think I'll try to post a sort of "Blast from the Past" sort of thing here on Fridays. Could be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home