
Ok. Here's a picture of what the weeping cherry tree looks like this year. Well, it's part of the tree, anyway. The other picture I took of it didn't come out so well.
I hadn't been out in the yard that much this spring so it was nice to be out there for a while tonight. But I realized that because I'd spent so much time indoors during the late winter and early spring I now have a lot of work to do to make the yard and porch look nice. I hadn't even got rid of the old geranium pot from last year.
Well, at least the front lawn's finally mowed. It's now all lush and green. And parts of the lawn are filled with tiny purple flowers! I'm funny. Most times I like seeing what wild stuff that's normally considered weeds will grow. I like the textures that are created from the different kinds of grass and leaves and flowers.
I also like the different types of wild vines that grow on the fence. I'm not sure of its name, but we have a vine hanging over our fence that grows profusely in the spring and summer, then produces both vibrant red leaves as well berries in the fall (I'll have to go look at its leaf structure later). But it's right now that I'm impatient for the honeysuckle that grows on and over the fence to bloom.
There's really only one kind of plant(grass) that makes me grumpy. I don't know what it's called. My daughter calls it Selfage, so that's the name I give it. It's leafy, prolific and it likes to take over the space near the porch which can be a pain if there's anything I've planted in that area. So I was happy when some Asiatic Lilies I had planted late last spring decided to pop up again. They just might help me with the overabundant Selfage (I know there are other more effective and quick ways to deal with it). I was sad that my Lamb's Ears didn't come back this year.
I've always loved Hydrangeas, so I think that will be one of the new flowers for the yard this year.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home