The Bougainvillea Hideaway

Enter a hollow of leaves and fuchsia flowers. Random thoughts litter the floor like a bed of crushed petals.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Digger's Dance

Dance blithesome moon, let your light cast a song
Sing just for me and I'll whistle along
Labor made lighter, you're a workman's boon
Aye, she cried, and played The Fisherman's Tune:


Jump and shimmy, wriggle and squirm
the net has holes, but the net holds firm
Jounce and wiggle, jostle and fret
pull in the ropes and hoist in the net


So it's shovel to hand, shovel to ground
I'll dance to the rhythm of earth's soft* sound
Song in my step, the spade grows bolder
Heave it quick; heave it over the shoulder

Sweat's on my brow, though there's mirth in the dig
My shovel and I sway to spry moon's jig
Faster grows our pace to keep to her time
'til she dips down low and her light subsides

----
*not sure if it sounds right. Rich sounds ok, as well, but not great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home