The Bougainvillea Hideaway

Enter a hollow of leaves and fuchsia flowers. Random thoughts litter the floor like a bed of crushed petals.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Monday, September 19, 2005

Back From Harsens Island, Michigan

Wish I coulda stayed for a few more weeks. I'll have pictures soon.

There's just something about a place that has no ideas of being landlocked. Any time I visit one of these places, I never ever want to go home. I live in a beautiful area, to be sure-- mountains, caves, changing seasons-- but no immediate water. Let me live in Ireland, or Hawaii, or Japan. I just want to get me body to the sea.

When I went to Ireland on my honeymoon I became twined with a little place called Portmagee. Here's a link to the tiniest of histories:

http://www.moorings.ie/mageesport.htm

On the day I was there, it was raining. Sure, that might be common, but I hadn't experienced it too much at the time. On this particular day you could smell the chowder from one of the restaurants. My husband and I couldn't resist the promise of warm food. We made our way to the restaurant from the scent and steam of chowder. Cash was sparse at this point, so we had the soup and pumpernickle bread. Still, heaven was this small fisherman's town.

I'll gather some of my pictures of both Michigan and Ireland and post them so that you can be there, too. Well, vicariously, anyway.


Love is a small fisherman's town,

Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home